Attendance and admission
- Mzansi Food & Drink Show is open to consumers and trade. A valid ticket must be presented to enter the Event. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets to attend the event can be purchased prior to the event. No lost tickets will be replaced. Exhibitors and Press must present their badge on entry. Those visitors who have forgotten their badges may not necessarily be permitted entry.
- Badge holders must not allow their badges to be worn by anyone else. Any failure is likely to lead to the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from the Mzansi Food & Drink Show and being refused further admission.
- The Organizers reserve the right to exclude anyone or require a badge holder to leave the Event who does not comply with this policy or whom the Organizers reasonably consider is likely to break these rules or who is prohibited from attending under any applicable sanctions, laws, or regulations, or otherwise at the Organizers’ discretion. Anyone obtaining a badge by theft, deception or other illegal means will likely be asked to leave the Mzansi Food & Drink Show and be refused further admission.
- Press/Media badges at the Mzansi Food & Drink Show are restricted to publishers, editors, journalists, photographers, broadcasters, and web bloggers associated with the industry. Members of the press may be required to complete an application form and produce accreditation in the form of a photocopy of a recognised press or media card, business card, a letter from the editor or an official web address linking to a press release in order to verify their position.
- With the exception of guide dogs or other service animals, no pets or animals of any description will be allowed into the Mzansi Food & Drink Show.
- Anyone attending the Event must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting or demonstrations or display objectionable behaviour or wear offensive apparel or be involved in any activity which may disrupt, defame, or disparage the Mzansi Food & Drink Show.
- No children or young adults under the age of 18 are permitted in the Event halls during build-up or breakdown hours. The Mzansi Food & Drink Show – Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd recommends all individuals under the age of 18 attend with a parent or legal guardian, and all individuals under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian before sending any information to The Mzansi Food & Drink Show – Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd, entering any competitions or contests at The Mzansi Food & Drink Show, posting any information on The Mzansi Food & Drink Show’s website or related websites, or purchasing any goods online related to The Mzansi Food & Drink Show.
- The submission of information to the Organizer or the purchase and/or use of a ticket to the Organizer is a representation and confirmation that you are age 18 or over or have obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a The Mzansi Food & Drink Show attendee that is under the age of 18, it is your responsibility to check the suitability of The Mzansi Food & Drink Show for any individuals in your party regardless of official age restrictions. The Mzansi Food & Drink Show’s on-site or web-enabled technologies, including but not limited to onsite Wi-Fi, on-site interactive kiosks, and any mobile applications associated with The Mzansi Food & Drink Show (the “Digital Technologies”) are neither directed at nor intended for us by individuals under the age of 12. The Mzansi Food & Drink Show – Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13, and if the organizer becomes aware that it has inadvertently done so, The Mzansi Food & Drink Show will promptly delete such Personal Information.
- If you are under age 12, do not access or use the Digital Technologies unless under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, and if you are under the age of 18, do not access or use the Digital Technologies without the express consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- The Organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Event, or any part of the Event, on limited or no notice at the Organizers’ sole discretion. In the event of a cancellation or postponement of the Event, the Organizers shall not be responsible or liable for any costs, damages, fees, expenses, or other compensation associated with the Event, but each attendee shall be entitled to a full refund of any fees or charges paid to obtain a badge to attend the Event.
- No refunds will be given if attendees cancel their badges or fail to attend for any reason whatsoever.
Photography and Recording
- Official Mzansi Food & Drink Show photographers/ videographers will be taking photographs and filming videos at the Mzansi Food & Drink Show. Anyone attending the Mzansi Food & Drink Show authorises such photography and recording and permits the official photographers/videographers and the Organizers to use their image, likeness, and voice for exploitation, including for marketing, archival and promotional purposes in any and all media, without any liability, compensation, or credit to them.
- By allowing your badge to be scanned by the Organizer, an exhibitor or sponsor or speaker, you consent to the information you submitted on your registration document, ticket being given to that exhibitor or sponsor or speaker so they may contact you in the future. Data about which exhibitors or sponsors or speakers scan your badge may be used by the Organizers for analytical purposes.
- By choosing to allow their badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor during the Mzansi Food & Drink Show for any, talks, panels or other events at the Mzansi Food & Drink Show, visitors and attendees will be providing their name and contact details to any relevant exhibitor or sponsor, who may subsequently contact such attendees or visitors about their products or services.
Safety and Security
- The safety and security of the Event’s and the venue’s staff and all attendees at the Event is the Organizers’ principal priority. The work Organizers closely with the venue, local and national authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for the Event.
- All attendees to the Mzansi Food & Drink Show must adhere to all relevant rules regarding Health & Safety. The Organizers encourage all attendees to exercise social responsibility and there will be enhanced cleaning throughout the Venue and hand sanitising facilities available.
- Illegal substances will not be tolerated at the Event. Should any attendee be found buying, using, or dealing in any illegal substances or narcotics while at the Event, remediation steps will be taken. If any attendees found to be under the influence of alcohol, illegal or legal drugs and are in any way interfering with other attendees and their ability to enjoy the Event, the Organizer hereby reserves the right to escort such a party from the premises with potentially even more severe remediation consequences, which may include law enforcement being contacted.
- Theft will not be tolerated at the Event. Should you be caught stealing directly from another individual or taking items from any private or public areas of the Event, the Organizer, that are not expressly indicated to be free, remediation steps will be taken, including referral to the police if necessary. Automatic removal will also be applied.
- The Organizers do not tolerate the commission or act of any crime at the Event itself. Any person, including Exhibitors that are caught committing any crime, especially one that may endanger the safety of themselves, or other attendees are at risk of expulsion from the Event and further police investigation.
- All attendees at the Event should be aware that the following is in place:
- Customer Service staff may approach you to assist you outside, at entry or inside the event.
- Staff and attendees are required to wear ID badges provided or present their ticket if attending as a visitor.
- Bag checks may be in operation at our events.
- Walkthrough or handheld scanners may be in operation at our events.
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded.
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events.
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events.
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events.
- Everyone attending our events is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended.
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or just out of place to a member of event staff.
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times.
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when you’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event.
“Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) and all its subsidiaries the Mzansi Food & Drink Show (hereinafter referred to as “the Event”), the venue, all contractors and any of its directors, officials, agents, employees and sponsors associated with the Event shall not be liable to any attendee at the Event for any personal injury, loss of or damage to property, the death of such attendee, spouse, life partner or child, howsoever arising or as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Company, its subsidiaries, the Mzansi Food & Drink Show the venue, all contractors and any of its directors, officials, agents, employees and sponsors associated with the Event even if such an act or omission is to attributed to negligence, such negligent act or omission to be proven in a Court of competent jurisdiction in the Republic of South Africa. The Company endeavours to ensure the utmost quality in as far as the Event is concerned, however it cannot be held liable for any goods purchased from an exhibitor or at the Event that may be damaged or defective. The Company does not guarantee in any manner at all that the goods or products so purchased are free of defects and such liability shall rest with the exhibitor or the company the said exhibitor represents. No claims, including but not limited to, defective goods will be dealt with by the Company. Any agreement (verbal or in writing) entered into by the attendee and the exhibitor is strictly between the attendee and the exhibitor and at no point in time will the Company be held vicariously liable for any damages or loss suffered by the attendee or the exhibitor as a result of the aforementioned agreement or transaction. The Company will not be held liable for any damages, fire, theft, or destruction of any nature whatsoever to vehicles parked at the Event. The attendee enters the premises at its own risk and by accepting receipt of any applicable ticket accepts the terms of this indemnity. All vehicles parked at the premises are parked at the owner’s risk. The Company will not accept any liability in as far as the vehicles are concerned, whether stationary or being operated by any person.”
The Organizer/s: Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Ltd is a private limited company, having its registered and principal office at RX Place, Building 8, Country Club Estate Office Park, 21 Woodlands Drive, Woodmead, Johannesburg, South Africa registered in South Africa with Company No. 1997/020594/07 Business activity: Activities of exhibition and fair organisers VAT No. 442 0178 131 Tax ID No:9307386848.